Auditoire de la Maternité, 30 bd de la Cluse—1205 Genève
13.03.2017 08:00 - 14.03.2017 18:00
The Universities of Geneva, Brussels and Montreal (Le G3 de la Francophonie) organize an international experts' meeting on female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C) in collaboration with the Department of Reproductive Health and Research of the World Health Organization.
1) Share experience, data, research and best practices in healthcare and prevention of FGM/C and in
training healthcare professionals
2) Improve collaboration among experts and researchers for future studies and international registries
3) Discuss hot topics on FGM/C for which evidence and consensus are lacking
· Healthcare professionals: training and curricula
· Healthcare and prevention
· Knowledge, evidence and consensus gaps
Each theme will be introduced by an invited expert's lecture followed by short free communications and discussions.
The goal is to present data and experiences from diaspora and high prevalence countries, from healthcare professionals, researchers and other experts.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Geneva!
Abstract submissions must be made electronically, in English, through the online abstract submission system by January 15, 2017. Abstracts accepted for presentation and final program will be published on February 3, 2017.
The PowerPoint Presentation must be in English.
Speakers will be allowed to present both in English and French.
Accepted presentations must be sent by February 26, 2017.